Lemon Butter Pavlova with Fresh Berries and Cream
“This pav is so good your family will be fighting over the last piece at the dinner table.” - Curtis Stone
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 2 large Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, diced
- 1 cup Double Cream
- 250 g Fresh Raspberries, Strawberries & Blueberries
- Fresh Mint Sprigs & Icing Sugar, to garnish
- 6 large Egg Whites
- pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- To make the pavlova: Preheat oven to 150°C or 130°C fan. On a piece of baking paper, draw a 20cm circle with a pencil. Place the baking paper, pencil mark side down, on a large baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip egg whites and a pinch of salt with an electric mixer on medium-high until soft peaks form. Turn to high and with motor running, slowly add caster sugar until glossy and stiff peaks form. Sift in cornflour and fold in the white vinegar and vanilla until just combined.
- With a large spoon, dollop meringue into the centre of the baking paper circle. With the back of the spoon, spread the batter so it is an even mound within the drawn circle and is a bit flattened on the top. Keep in mind the pavlova will expand so leave about a 3cm space between the edge of the circle and the edge of the pavlova
- Place pan in oven and lower heat to 120°C or 100°C fan. Cook for 1 hr then turn off heat and leave in oven to dry overnight.
- To make the filling: Bring a large saucepan of water to boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat to low.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium stainless-steel or glass bowl to blend. Place bowl over the hot water and whisk in butter.
- Continue to whisk for a further 3 mins, or until the lemon butter has become thick and creamy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk until most of the heat from the lemon butter dissipates. Set lemon butter aside to cool completely, stirring occasionally. The lemon butter will continue to thicken as it cools.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream until thickened but not stiff. Spread whipped cream in an even layer on top of the pavlova. Follow with lemon butter and finish with berries. Garnish with fresh mint and icing sugar.
Ratings & Reviews
- Cavendish Bananas
- Hass Avocado
- Truss Tomatoes
- Cherry Truss Tomatoes
- Strawberries, 250g Punnet